Day 5 of #RunnersLoveYogaCORE adds a side plank--and maybe a wild thing to our sequence. Do what works for you! In this challenge, we're building a cumulative core sequence. See previous days' posts for more details on those movements.
1. Begin with your chair sequence, inhaling to your toes, exhaling deeper through your hips. Exhale to plant palms and do your 7-10 wrist taps.
2. Inhale to hop to plank. Exhale to lower through chaturanga. Use your breath to power your "elevators" and then end back in plank after a few rounds. From plank, tap each knee to its respective elbow.
3. Exhale to lower, inhale to cobra/updog. From updog, tuck toes of left foot under in order to shift weight to this foot and send right foot to the sky. Use your inhale to bring your knee into chest, your exhale to send leg back to sky. Repeat, sending knee to far elbow, and then finally close elbow.
4. Pause with knee at close elbow, then do your windshield wipers: take knee side to side from elbow to elbow like a pendulum.
5. Pause with knee at center, then do your knee pull-ins:On your exhale, gently round your back and pull knee closer to your chest. On an inhale, lower your knee to hover above the floor.
6. SIDE PLANK: Start to shift weight to the left palm and outer edge of left foot. Open arms to face right side of mat for your side plank. Pause here, OR (optional) let your top (right) foot drop over to the left for your wild thing. Gravity is your friend here! From either your side plank or wild thing, flip back over and lower through a three-limbed or regular chaturanga, then repeat from step 3 on left side.
6. Exhale to downdog, and on a subsequent exhale, step/hop to top of mat. Repeat entire sequence again.
Post a pic/video of you completing March 24's sequence, tag @runnersloveyoga, & #RunnersLoveYogaCORE in your caption to be eligible for awesome prizes from @nuunhydration (Winner gets 4 tubes of nuun, a bottle, some nuun swag items, plus $50 to @doyogarunfaster! Runner-up gets 4 tubes of nuun, nuun bottle, and $30 to @doyogarunfaster). For more yoga for runners to stream anytime, check out runnersloveyoga.com
#RunnersLoveYoga #doyogarunfaster #nuunlife .